Revision as of 06:32, 15 January 2006 by Tanos
Leather can have various references:
- Leather subculture is about BDSM, or that part of it that associates closer to S&M and fetish or to Homosexual BDSM.
- Leather fetishism describes an attraction to people wearing leather, or to items made from leather.
- Old Guard leather (also Old Guard but not to be confused with fascist movements of that same name) is the gay leather subculture from which much of BDSM originally derived.
- New leather (also New Guard leather or just New Guard) is a more sexually-liberated and less protocol-driven version of the Leather subculture.
- Leather Family describes a family or family-sized-group living in an alternate lifestyle often based on the leather subculture or on BDSM.
- Leather Community is used to loosely associate people living in the leather subculture or even into the wider BDSM. Roughly equivalent to "BDSM Lifestyle"
- Started in the USA and now including leatherfolk as far away as Canada, there is the National Leather Association: International
- There is a Leather Pride Flag.
- Leather is a common material for making various equipment including blindfolds, handcuffs, whips and clothing.
|This is a disambiguation page — a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.|