Silk/satin fetishism is a sexual fetish relating to garments or other articles made of silk or satin fabric. It is usually directed towards people wearing silk or satin, but it can also be directed towards the garments themselves.
Fetishists are attracted to silk and satin both because of its physical properties (softness, smoothness, drape and shine) and its association with elegance, glamour, romantic love and opulence.
The principal materials are charmeuse silk (silk woven so that it has a sheen) and satins (such as acetate satin and rayon satin), but other materials with similar properties, such as spandex and polyester are also admired.
People who engage in such type of fetish are also sometimes known as Satinists.
An important academic work on lingerie and silk/satin fetishism is Valerie Steele's 'Fashion and Eroticism: Ideals of Feminine Beauty from the Victorian Era to the Jazz Age' (Oxford University Press, New York, 1985, which explores the psychosexual appeal of silk, satin, and women's lingerie in several chapters.
- Browne, Ray B. (1982). Objects of special devotion: fetishism in popular culture. Bowling Green University Popular Press.
- FreeSatinFetish.com Free satin fetish galleries
- Satin-Source.com - Satin images and media.
- Silk Satin blouse images.
- Silk Satin blouse extension group
- Satinfetishlinks.com Links to various satin sites
|This page uses content from SM-201; the original article can be viewed here.|